Enhance productivity and secure high grain quality of wheat in the hot and dry Australian climate.
- Develop wheat with combined heat and drought tolerance by advancing existing knowledge and technologies and transferring wheat material and knowhow to breeding programmes
- Elucidate mechanisms and molecular markers for combined heat and drought tolerance by exploring genetic diversity in wheat
- Identify mechanisms and genetic diversity for high yielding wheat with efficient nitrogen recycling and high grain protein.
- Build human capacity in molecular breeding and providing breeders access to the latest scientific developments and technologies.
- Develop and test high-throughput field phenotyping tools for Australian breeders